macbook HDMI second monitor dropddowns under windoze 7

1611   3   1
83 posts
I am running H16.0 on a macbook pro running windows 7 with a monitor attached to the HDMI. If I drag Houdini onto the second monitor, all dropdown menus appear on my laptop (first) monitor.

one time, I had a scene open and the dropdowns were appearing in the correct place, so I know it is possible. however, I have no idea what was different about that one time.
99 posts
is there a reason you're not running it on macOS side?
4189 posts
@cgbeige most likely issues with QT5/4, openGL bugs and no OpenCL CPU.

@ivan - others have this issue on UHD monitors on Linux and Windows.
Staff
1255 posts
ivan
I am running H16.0 on a macbook pro running windows 7 with a monitor attached to the HDMI. If I drag Houdini onto the second monitor, all dropdown menus appear on my laptop (first) monitor.

one time, I had a scene open and the dropdowns were appearing in the correct place, so I know it is possible. however, I have no idea what was different about that one time.

Hello,

I have a fix for this issue in the next Houdini release but unfortunately it's too risky to backport to Houdini 16.0.

As a workaround, I believe that if you keep your mouse cursor on your primary screen while Houdini is starting up then that will avoid the issue. Once Houdini has finished launching (i.e. the main window appears) then you can move the mouse to the secondary monitor.

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links