cant seem to figure out how to animate a attribute randomize

418   3   1
3 posts
i need help animating a scatter point animation, i cant seem to figure it out In Houdini, I've created an emitter geo network for a Flip Fluid simulation. This network acts as the source of the fluid emission. Within this network, I have a sphere connected to a Point Velocity node.

The output of the Point Velocity node feeds into the left side of a Copy to Points node.

On the right side of the Copy to Points node, I have a grid connected to a Scatter node, followed by an Attribute Randomizer node. The Attribute Randomizer node randomly moves each scattered point individually in radnom direction along the X and Z axes.

My goal is to animate this postion shift of scatter points from the original position set by the scatter node to the new position of the same scatter points that the attribute randomiser moved them. How can I achieve this animation?
8599 posts
use Blendshape SOP or Sequence Blend SOP
connect original scatter points to first and randomized to second input, then animate the blend slider
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
3 posts
tamte
use Blendshape SOP or Sequence Blend SOP
connect original scatter points to first and randomized to second input, then animate the blend slider

is ther a way i can find these solutions and find specific nodes i need to solve specfic problems without having to learn every node?
8599 posts
you don't have to learn every node, there is usually more than 1 solution
you can also animate Global Scale on your attribute randomize, from 0 to your current value instead
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links